Monday, April 27, 2009

Will this make Shahrukh realize?

Mumbai Indians today thrashed the KKR red and blue. What's sad is that talking to numerous KKR fans it seems they have lost all hope about this years campaign. All they want to do is ask a bunch of questions and make Shahrukh and Buchanan answer them.

Shahrukh, we know its your money, and you may decide to spend it, in whatever manner you want. It's your team, and may be winning the tournament is not as important to you as making money. Though you had many lofty and noble ideas when you invested your money in IPL. I remembr you said last year, that you love the sport, you want to develop and spread this game to every corner of the country and if in the process you earn some money it all the more better. I now think, were you telling the truth or all along you had a different agenda? Last year your team didn't do very well, but your fans were with you. Let me assure you, the way you handled this years campaign, even if your team does better than last year (It doesn't seem likely) your fans are mad at you.

Now lets take a look at the match. Sachin and Jayasuriya nearly killed the match in the first 10 overs. KKR did well to pull the things back in the next 10 overs of the Mumabai Innings, but their total was enough to hand KKR one of their biggest defeats. KKR team never looked to be in the match. I don't think this team has the fire power to score beyond 150. For this team to be able to win, their opponents need to collectibly fail.

At the end of the match the thought processes of the team members were in the following lines -

Brendon Mccullum - "Shit!!! I was unneccesarily lured into leading team, by the directors sweet talk. Gayle did the smart thing by not accepting it. Now I have made myself the laughing stock. Should I go and surrender the captaincy?"

Chris Gayle - "Thank God I didn't accept the Captaincy offer. Brendon is immatured and he became the guinea pig for the director's experiments"

Saurav Ganguly - "Hmmmm...Mr. Buchanan where are your big theories now? Now it looks like you have done me a favour by taking away the captaincy. Now everyone is cursing you and my fan base feels more strongly for me.

Shahrukh Khan - "Thank God the elections are on 30th April. I will use that excuse to return to India and will not return soon. It is so difficult to keep smiling when your team is being thrashed left, right and center."

John Buchanan - "The key to success is sound preparation. We will use this years tournament for our preparation for 2010"

More on Buchanan's strategy on my next bolg.

No comments:

Post a Comment